Sunday, August 2, 2009

Meeting New People- Tales of the Waitress


I am normally a pretty out going person, making working at the Red Onion Cafe' a very fun job for me. I am constantly meeting new people and making new friends. As new member of the Monroe community ( I bought a home in Monroe in January) I was excited to work in the town I lived in. I thought it would be a great way to meet the neighbors and locals. I have since met amazing, and fun people while working at the Red Onion Cafe. Thanks to this popular hometown hangout I know feel welcomed by those who live around me. The story of how I became an employee of the Red Onion all started with the best food I have ever eaten!

When my husband and I first moved into town we were immediately drawn to the Red Onion Cafe'. The first time we were at the Red Onion we thought it would forever be out go to spot for intimate dinners for "date night", and at the same time a great place to bring our friends and family. I was so impressed with the food and staff, I wanted to be a part of it! Within a week I had eaten at the Red Onion four times! After the fifth visit I had asked Amanda (another waitress) if the Red Onion was hiring. With my surprise she said "Yes! Let me grab an application!" About a week after submitting my application I received a phone call from Gary (The Manager) to set up an interview. Again to my surprise I was hired on April 1, 2009 (no it was not a joke). Since then I have been meeting new people, trying new things, and loving every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment