Friday, July 31, 2009

Trying New Things- Tales of the Waitress


I am the typical picky eater, I do not like to try new things! I was working at the Red Onion a few nights ago and a patron asked me how the the Red Onion Spring Rolls were. I had to tell him "to be honest I am not sure." I then explained to him how I always play it safe while eating. I stick with the comfort foods like the Red Onion Sirloin, or the Chicken Parmesan." The man I was taking the order from then told me he was the same way. He said "when ever I come here I always get the Angus Burger, it is always excellent." The man then went onto to say, "alright I am going to order the Spring Rolls but only if you promises to try them the next time you order food here."

To keep my promise I tried the Spring Rolls. I was amazed at how much I liked them! The Red Onion always serves great food, but I was shocked at how good they were. My favorite part of the dish was the sauce that is drizzled on top of the rolls! It was the perfect taste and texture to really make this dish awesome! To top it all off it is a pretty inexpensive appetizer. I love the fact that I could try something new with little cost.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the Spring Rolls. It's one of my personal favs @ The Red Onion. I haven't tried Chicken Parmesan, but after reading your post I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete